If your summertime pictures are piling up Diana Dellos has some great ideas to help. She has this beautiful paper line and she has packed today with lots of great ideas.
Flip Flop Summer Mini Book
1. Covers – trim two pieces of chipboard 4.5” x 4.5”. Score a fold line at ½” from one edge on each cover.
2. Inside File Folders – die cut 6 file folders, using the Spellbinders Wizard and file folder die, from white cardstock. Score a fold line on each of these, ½” from the edge. Die-cut 12 file folders, using various papers from the “Sweet Summertime” collection. Adhere to cardstock folders.
3. Cover chipboard – trim “We’ll Be Groovin” paper to 6x6, trim off corners, and cover each chipboard piece using tacky tape. Score a fold line, again, on each of the covers.
4. Inside of each cover – finish the inside of the front and back covers by trimming same paper to 4x4 and adhering
5. Distress – sand edges of covers, then ink with Mica Magic “bright blue” (direct to paper). Repeat inking on edges of file folders pages.
6. Binding – punch 6 holes for eyelets along spine edge. Line up holes and punch 6 on each file folder also. Insert gold eyelets and smash back sides (both covers). Bind mini book together with jute or twine.
7. Flowers – die-cut hibiscus flowers with Spellbinders Wizard and tropical die. Ink flowers with Ranger Distress Ink “worn lipstick” and “tattered rose”.
8. Grass Strip – trim piece of “We’ll Be Groovin” paper to 1.5 x 4”. The cut tiny strips along bottom edge with scissors. Ink up the strips with Ranger Distress Ink “scattered straw” and adhere to bottom of front cover. Flip up ends to resemble grass.
9. Title – trim title (flip flop summer) from “Island Girl” paper. Ink edges with “worn lipstick” ink and adhere to cover. Trim outside edge with Ranger Stickles (crystal) to add some sparkle.
10.Bottle Cap – smash a new bottle cap in the Spellbinders Wizard. Paint the bottle cap with white acrylic paint and let dry. Ink “fun” title (Scrapworks) and adhere to bottle cap. Trim inside edge of bottle cap with Stickles glitter.
Time Flies Layout
1. Background – trim “We’ll Be Groovin” paper to 11 x 11” and adhere to lime green cardstock (KI Memories).
2. Blue Mats – Trim “Cruisin’ with Kenny” paper by trimming 5 ¾” from left edge (that has curved pattern). Then cut this long strip into two pieces: one 6 ¾” and one 4 ¼”. Attach these to layout on opposite corners.
3. Journaling – create a text box in Microsoft Word that is 5 x 6 ¼” and type your journaling. Print onto transparency and attach to upper right corner by running a thin line of diamond glaze along top edge.
4. Strips – cut thin strips of patterns from “Island Girl” paper and attach to opposite corners. One covers top strip of journaling and the other goes under the title.
5. Title – die-cut title using Spellbinders Wizard and fonts from blue cardstock. Attach to page with Xyron adhesive.
6. Rectangle – die-cut thin rectangle, using Spellbinders Wizard and geometric die, from “Bikini Tops & Flip Flops” paper. Attach to lower left of page.
7. Photos – alter photos by changing to black and white, then increasing contrast, as desired.
8. Flower Embellishment – die-cut hibiscus flower, using Spellbinders Wizard and tropical die. Ink with green and yellow ink and accent with Ranger Stickles glitter.