Have I got an idea for you! Adornit Sticker Paper is a hot new product that Adornit introduced at CHA. It’s a 6” x 12” sheet of adhesive cardstock that comes in a wide variety of colors and patterns. It’s easy to use—saves time and effort.
If you’re a beginner, you’ll love the price! Sometimes beginning scrappers are overwhelmed with all the “spending opportunities” in scrapping. But Sticker Paper is just $1.00 to $1.10 per 6” x 12” sheet! At that price, you could buy it in all 16 designs. It’s a perfect stash item.
In my layout I used Sticker Paper for the blue journaling strips and the green and blue thin outline strips. There are two reasons sticker paper made my layout super easy:
1. Sticker Paper is made of heavy cardstock, so it’s easy to handle. It was simple to cut the long strips – I used my paper cutter and it sliced them beautifully, even though they were only 1/8” to ¼” wide. The stiffness also made inking the edges on my journaling strips easy. (Inking edges adds a finishing touch that makes you look like you’re not a beginner! Just use a stamp pad that matches and rub the edges of your journaling strips across the pad to add color.)
2. The adhesive back means you don’t have to painstakingly put glue or adhesive tabs on each little strip. Just peel off the backing and stick it down. No glue on your fingers or temperamental glue runners to deal with. I’ve always loved little journaling strips, but they’re such a pain to cut out and stick down that lately I’ve avoided them. With Adornit Sticker Paper, I can add them to every layout (not that I would lol).
My layout brings back a memory of fun summer day with my girls, my granddaughter and her cousins. The fresh colors remind me of the ice cream we were eating. I have to tell you that I scraplifted this layout from a layout by Jenni Bowlin on her blog. I think credit should be given where credit is due!
Try some Adornit Sticker Paper today. It’ll make your next layout fun and easy.
Summer Ice Cream Cones
by Debbie Raymond
21838 Dotted Flower Stripes 12x12
21862 Candy Green 12x12
93098 Laughter Together Cardstock Sticker
93115 Morning Blue Sticker Paper
93118 Cashmere Green Sticker Paper
1. Start with a base of Candy Green. Adhere an 11 ½” x 11 ½” sheet of scallop-edged white cardstock, leaving an edge of green showing all around.
2. Adhere an 8” x 8” piece of Dotted Flower Stripes to center of layout. Trim it so the green stripe with brown dots is across the top. Cut four ¼” x 9” strips from Morning Blue Sticker Paper. Adhere around edges of Dotted Flower Stripes piece, leaving a ¼” strip of white mat showing in between.
3. Mount a 4x6 photo on a piece of 5x7white cardstock. Ink edges. Adhere to center of layout. Cut two 1/8” strips from Cashmere Green Sticker Paper. Adhere to white cardstock mat around photo, leaving a 1/8” strip of white mat showing right next to photo.
4. Make journaling strips cut from Morning Blue Sticker Paper. Write little details on the strips about the photo including “who, what, when and where.” Cut and ink edges. Adhere to right side of layout. Notice how easy Adornit Sticker Paper is to work with!
5. Adorn your page with accents from Laughter Together Cardstock Stickers. Ink edges of stickers before sticking down.