Hi - and welcome to November! This is Debbie Raymond here
with a fun Beginner Basics for this month of Thanksgiving. As I counted my
blessings I thought about my four special grandchildren and knew I wanted to
express my gratitude for them this month. Baby Emmett is only two weeks old, so
my heart is indeed full. And you've seen my layouts with Brookelyn, Bailee and
little Carter - also joys in my life.
I created a little paper craft project that you can make with your children, girl scout group, church youth group or family gathering. These simple paper lanterns are made with patterened scrapbook paper and embellished with photos, buttons and stickers. Just think how fun this would be for the bored kids on THANKSGIVING day. It’s easy, requires minimal supplies, and is fascinating for all ages. There’s plenty of room at the top and bottom to write down what we're thankful for – then it becomes a gratitude lantern.
I used Adornit papers and stickers in beautiful fall colors that look great on my hall table. Here are the instructions and supplies (with links).
Instructions for paper lanterns:
1. Trim a sheet of patterned paper to 9” X 12”. Fold in half lengthwise and make a crease. Open up and lay flat.
2. Fold the top and bottom lengthwise edges up 1 ½”, crease, then unfold. Embellish with ribbon, stickers, stamps and/or photos within the 1 ½” margins.
3. Fold paper back in half as above. Make straight cuts every inch through the center fold and ending at the 1 ½” crease lines top and bottom. These are the slits in the lantern.
4. Open the lantern and bring short ends together – staple top, bottom and as far in as your stapler will reach.
5. Cut a handle from scraps by cutting a 1” x 10“ strip and stapling it to top edge of lantern.6. Hang in a row with other lanterns, or randomly from the porch or outside trees.
22050 Words of Thanks 12x12
22051 Autumn Argyle 12x12
22052 Autumn Breeze 12x12
22156 Swirl Border 12x12
22076 Hoot Stripe 12x12
58952 Dotty ½” Ribbon
93091 Give Thanks Cardstock Stickers
78233 Foam Alphabet Stickers, chocolate